Friday, March 1, 2019

Pre-Departure Day

Mid-term week has come to a close and now ABST season in finally upon us. So many of us spent our time these past couple weeks cramming in copious amounts of information just to regurgitate onto a 55 min or less exam. Seems kind of pointless when you think about it that way.

Nonetheless, exams are over, classes are out, and we depart for our ABST tomorrow. Once the monster of mid-term week is over, there is this huge sense of relief taken off of us and a new found excitement that fills our body. Everyone is about to embark on this new journey tomorrow and I think there is a lot of excited energy around but also some fear.

Maybe it is fear of the unknown, maybe it is a fear of traveling away from home, or maybe it is a fear of pushing your comfort zone. I don't think this "fear" that some of us feel is bad. It pumps that adrenaline through our body and prepares us for something to happen. Something great.

Personally, I have never been to L'Arche so I have some fears, some nervous energy, but this isn't scaring me, it is making me feel more alive and pumped up to embark on this journey tomorrow with this amazing group of students.

I can't wait to see what is in store for this upcoming week and we will be sure to keep all of you updated!

Much Love, Michael Rizzo

No comments:

Post a Comment