Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Sol Express in L'Arche Toronto




Hi everybody!

This morning we drove to L'Arche Toronto where we went to Sol Express Music Program. When we arrived, we were greeted by the lovely members and welcomed into their group. We began with many name games and were able to communicate our feelings through a sign language game. After a few games, Mike led a guitar playing session where we all sat around and sketched Mike and how the music made us feel. My partner for the sketching session was Kathleen and let me just say her picture was so much better than mine (Picture 4).

After our drawing session, we ate lunch and I had the privilege to sit with Lola (Picture 3). When we arrived in the morning, Lola sat with her headphones in and we were told that she would just be listening and joining in when she felt comfy. At lunch, Lola realized we had the same type of juice box and she began talking to me. After the most heartfelt conversation, Lola said to me as she laid her head on my shoulder "I really like you". For the rest of the day my heart was full of such great love.

Once lunch ended, we went on to work through a shape art exercise and really got to experience the views of others. The shape exercise led us into a music collaboration with the entire group which allowed us to conclude our day at L'Arche Toronto!

Stay posted for Lauren's post about our evening!!!

Warmest regards,
Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment