Sunday, January 27, 2019

Meet the Team!


Hello everyone! Welcome to the L'Arche Ontario blogpost. We are eager to share our experience with you all as we go through this journey together. We will be posting more updates in the future as well as when we are in L'Arche Ontario. Here is just a small introduction of each of the members in this group: 




Michael Rizzo (Co-leader) 
Major: Physician Assistant 
Academic Year: Junior 

Why you're excited for this trip/What you're looking forward to? Working with a community like L’Arche is something I would like to do once I graduate as a PA so I am excited to go to L’Arche to work and live in a community with these amazing and beautiful people. Being a leader, I can’t wait to see the growth and development of all the students and see the kind of impact that L’Arche can make on them!








Angelika Chiang (Co-leader)
Major: Biology, Pre-Medicine 
Academic Year: Sophomore 
Why you're excited for this trip/What you're looking forward to? I'm excited to have a chance to live in a community that is different from my own. A community that is full of love and joy that focuses on what really matters in life. I believe I will learn a lot from the core members there but also I will learn from my co-leader and group members as well. I can't wait to make lasting relationships on this amazing trip and see how my group members and co-leader grow.  








Sydney Swoger 
Major: Masters of Occupation Therapy
Academic Year: Freshman 

Why you're excited for this trip/What you're looking forward to? I love to travel and going on this ABST helps me see the world while also being able to help those in need. 








Lily Zheng
Major: Pre-Optometry 
Academic Year: Freshman 



Why you're excited for this trip/What you're looking forward to? I am looking forward to becoming a part of the L'Arche community with my wonderful ABST group. I feel that it is very important to be part of a family setting that focuses on building growth and security with individuals with disabilities. I definitely have a lot to learn and experience and hopefully I will be able to do the same in return. 







Avery Hill 

Major: Freshman 
Academic Year: Physician Assistant  



Why you're excited for this trip/What you're looking forward to? I'm looking forward to getting to know some really interesting people and see what it's like to live in their inclusive community. 









Lauren Greenlee 
Major: Occupational Therapy 
Academic Year: Freshman  

Why you're excited for this trip/What you're looking forward to? I’m excited to experience a new place with a great group of people who have a common interest in service and community. I’m looking forward to spending the week learning and connecting with old friends and new friends on a deeper level. I can’t wait!








Matt Schlessman 
Major: Pre-Dental 
Academic Year: Freshman  

Why you're excited for this trip/What you're looking forward to? I am excited to go to L’Arche Ontario because I’ve been wanting to go on an ABST Trip since I applied at Gannon University! I love Canada for its wildlife and nature beauty but I am looking forward to giving back to others and becoming a Global Citizen.






Claire Plunkett 
Major: Occupational Therapy 
Academic Year: Freshman  


Why you're excited for this trip/What you're looking forward to? I am beyond excited to create lasting connections with the L’Arche residents, as well as make memories that will last a lifetime! I can’t wait to see what this trip has in store for us!









Celene Kalivado 
Occupation: Instructor in the Gannon University's Dalhkemper School of Business    

Why you're excited for this trip/What you're looking forward to? 
I am excited to experience l'Arche in a new community. Last break I went to l'Arche Mexico and enjoyed seeing the cultural differences and similarities of a l'Arche community. I also enjoy watching the students grow and learn about something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment