Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Ash Wednesday



Today, Ash Wednesday, is all about simplicity and remembering to emphasize prayer, fasting, and alms-giving. We experienced many special moments tonight during our prayer service with Father George and were able to spend the evening with all of the core members. 

Today was a special day for me personally. My family is not Catholic, so I've never experienced an Ash Wednesday celebration. Having the opportunity to do so with such a special group of people was awesome. I sat next to Beverly (pictured above) which made my experience even more special. She's been very reserved the whole time we've been here, but last night and tonight she really opened up and talked to us. She giggled and smiled all night long. While we were singing worship songs, she grabbed my hand and kept squeezing tighter and tighter and held on for what seemed like an eternity. I was so happy that she was finally comfortable and it really made me appreciate the little things in life.

-Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment