Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Wednesday Workday!


Hi friends, this is Molly blogging today.  We spent the morning in the various day programs.  Annie and I were at the Club, unfortunately there was only one core member, Helen, but we were able to relax and enjoy spending time with her.  Wednesday’s are usually their “tech” days, so they had IPads that we were able to play some games with.  We were goofing around a bit with some musical apps and a pottery app.  Spending time with Helen and the other core members have really made me reflect on the way that I live my life.  Helen kept saying how she had a “leisurely breakfast” and there was no need to rush.  This made me realize how much I spend my life rushing and I never take the time to just reflect.  I think that is one of the main things that I have been able to gain from this weekend, the importance of slowing down and really enjoying the things in life. 

This evening we are all going back to our houses to cook dinner for the core members.  There are definitely mixed feelings of excitement and anxiety about cooking, but we are all looking forward to this opportunity to cook and spend time eating dinner with the communities that have so graciously welcomed us.  Please stay tuned for more stories about our adventures with L’Arche Daybreak. 
JK note: We also had the privilege of celebrating Ash Wednesday at the Dayspring this morning. And sure enough, a familiar face was presiding over the mass with us. I suppose he did ok :)


No comments:

Post a Comment