Thursday, March 5, 2015

Day at Daybreak

Maureen here!  I would just like to start off by saying that this is my third time here in the L'Arche communities here in Canada.  Each group I have been with have been so special and unique.  This group has been so deep, spiritual, loving, and caring and I can't imagine my last trip to L'Arche in the way with any other group.  So I would like to thank Katherine, Laura, Megan, Leigh, Ally, Lilly, and Brandon for the experience that I have had.
Today started of with a precious moment with the core members living in the house we are staying in this week.  Our morning was filled with singing, laughter, and pictures of love and happiness.  We then had a trying journey to L'Arche Daybreak.  Although it took us longer than expected, we arrived and started an amazing day.  I spent my time in the Day Program with some amazing core members and was thrilled to know that some of them remember me from my previous visits.  Others spent time at the club with the retired core members, the art studio, and the woodery.  We then had an amazing talk with a beautiful soul, Elizabeth Buckly.  She lives on the L'Arche Daybreak campus and is known as Queen Mum.  Her words brought us to tears as she explained L'Arche in her own special way.  We then separated to have dinner at our separate homes.  The love, welcome, and acceptance we all have felt throughout this week was continued throughout this visit.  We are all feeling incredible emotional about the inevitable departure that we will be going through very soon.
I think I can say on behalf of my entire group, thank you to all of you for the love, prayers, and support you have given us.  Thank you for following our journey so far.  Although it is coming to an end, it is not over yet, and I have a feeling that more emotion and wonderful moments are to come.  Stay posted for the heart touching stories :)

God Bless,
Maureen

No comments:

Post a Comment